Representing individuals and their families in catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases for over 30 years.
Emily A. Doumar
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
An Augusta, Georgia native, Emily graduated from the University of Georgia School of Law in 2021, where she served as the Executive Vice Chair of the Georgia Law Moot Court board and on the managerial board of the Georgia Journal of International and Comparative Law. While at UGA Law, Emily interned with the Honorable Charles J. Bethel of the Supreme Court of Georgia and the Executive Counsel for the Office of the Governor. She also attended the UGA Law Global Governance Summer School in Leuven, Belgium and The Hague, Netherlands, taught in partnership with the Leuven Centre for Global Governance Studies at the University of Leuven. Prior to law school, Emily received her Bachelor in Science in Agribuisness and minor in Spanish from Clemson University.
After law school, Emily worked as an associate attorney with another firm before joining Doumar Rainsford in 2023. She now focuses her practice on personal injury and wrongful death litigation. While the firm's main office is in Augusta, Emily is admitted to practice in Georgia and South Carolina.
Emily serves as the 2023 President of the Young Lawyers of Augusta, an executive board member of the Augusta Bar Association, and on the Board of Directors for the Sacred Heart Cultural Center in Augusta, Georgia, which focuses on preservation, art, and community service. She also proudly serves on the Southern District of Georgia Criminal Justice Act Panel, where she volunteers to represent individuals charged with federal offenses who cannot afford counsel. Emily was named to the 2023 Top 10 in 10 Young Professionals to Watch by the Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce.
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- J.D. - 2021
- Clemson University
- B.S. - 2018
- Major: Agribusiness
- Minor: Spanish
- Georgia, 2021
- South Carolina, 2022
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Georgia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- 2023 Top 10 in 10 Young Professionals to Watch, Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Augusta Bar Association, Executive, Board Member, 2023 to Present
- Young Lawyers of Augusta, President, 2023 to Present
- Augusta Trial Lawyers Association
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association