Commercial Truck Accidents Involve Complicated Issues
Commercial vehicles and their drivers are governed by federal laws to ensure the safety of the general public. The investigation of these cases is quite different from a standard motor vehicle collision. Expert testimony is often required to prove violations of these federal laws such as:
- Hours of service violations resulting in driver fatigue
- Failing to properly inspect the vehicle and trailer
- Failing to adequately secure a load
- Failing to adequately maintain the commercial vehicle and trailer
- Failing to properly record hours of service
- Failing to be medically qualified to operate a commercial motor vehicle
- Negligently hiring and retaining drivers
We have successfully handled tractor trailer collisions involving these and other issues. We understand the complicated legal questions involved beyond matters of negligent driving. Multiple companies may be involved in the lawsuit. We are ready to put our 30 years of personal injury experience to work for you. Call us for a free consultation.
Sharing The Road With Tractor Trailers Can Be Hazardous
We know how devastating tractor trailer crashes can be. Most vehicles simply do not fare well against the size of a commercial vehicle like a semi-truck. You may have a claim for catastrophic injuries, or even a wrongful death claim. Typical accidents involving commercial trucks include:
- Rear-end collision
- Blown tire
- Wide turn accidents or side swipes
- Improper load or falling debris
These are just a few examples of the many ways commercial vehicles cause motor vehicle crashes. If you or a loved one has been in an accident with a tractor trailer or other large commercial truck, seek medical attention right away, as your injuries could be serious. Then call the firm of DOUMAR | RAINSFORD, to discuss your legal options.
Schedule A Free Consultation
Schedule your free consultation today by calling 706-722-1700 or email our office. Though located in Augusta, our lawyers hold licenses in Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida.