What To Do After An Injury?
Attorneys Helping You In The Aftermath Of A Serious Accident
If you have just been in an auto accident, the initial moments are critical:
- First, make sure you are OK. Often, in the immediate moments after an accident, those involved experience a significant adrenaline spike, which can mask pain and awareness of injuries. Take a deep breath until you feel like yourself again.
- Check on others who might be hurt.
- Do NOT admit fault. It is all too common for people to say it was their fault after an accident, even they don’t know or even believe it. Most people just default into an apologetic stance to be nice. But this approach can hurt you in the long-run but damaging your chances in a personal injury claim, so stay quiet about fault or about what happened.
- Have someone take pictures of the scene.
- Get medical attention, even if you don’t think you’re hurt.
- Do NOT accept any settlement offers from the insurance adjuster. In almost every case, these offers are lower than what you might obtain in a case.
- Call a lawyer as soon as possible.
These are just a few of the important considerations after an auto accident.
The most important thing to do to protect your future and your family after an accident is to talk with an experienced lawyer you can trust to handle your case. At Raymond J. Doumar, PC, we have 30 years of experience and a remarkable record of success in auto accident and other personal injury claims in Georgia, South Carolina and Florida.
Contact Raymond J. Doumar, PC For A Free Consultation
Time is of the essence. As time passes after an accident, evidence gets compromised and witness’s memories get foggy. Call us right away at Raymond J. Doumar, PC or email us to schedule your consultation.